Teeth damage, corrosion and discoloration create an unpleasant impression about you whereas a sparkling smile leaves a lasting image of you, to the onlooker. Natural beautiful smiles, sadly, not all are gifted with it. Such malformed, discolored and cracked can be corrected or improved with the help of Porcelain Veneers.
A perfect match to the real teeth is porcelain veneers. Enamel like appearance can be mimicked by its translucent characteristics, which is the reason it’s most preferred to other materials. As there are variations in design of veneers from patient to patient, the difference between the real and the porcelain veneer is negligible. Porcelain veneers bring confident look and a beautiful shining smile on you. If you are looking to affix Porcelain Veneers on your teeth, then do a quick search online with the phrase, ‘dentist sylva, nc’ to locate dentists near you.
Porcelain Veneers can be defined as a thin cap or coating which is translucent in nature made from porcelain and matches the tooth color is called a Porcelain Veneer. It is permanently fixed to the surface of a tooth with a strong adhesive to look natural.
Uses of Porcelain Veneer
Dental problems that are treated with the help Porcelain Veneers:
- Teeth with gaps
- Chipped and broken teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Worn down teeth
- Apparent gum visibility while smiling
- Teeth that are too small or out of proportion
- Sensitive teeth
Advantages of dental Porcelain Veneers
- Natural appearance – Porcelain veneers craft a uniform and symmetric smile and reconstruct the natural look of the teeth.
- Time span of the procedure – Two or three visits is sufficient for the porcelain veneers
- Smile brightly – Porcelain veneers are stain resistant and hence not prone to permanent stains from drinks or cigarettes. They are longer lasting in brightness and appearance when compared to natural teeth. The teeth that are permanently stained can be covered by porcelain veneers.
- Durability – Durability is the second name of Porcelain veneers. The strength of the porcelain veneers increases multiple folds when fixed to the tooth, despite their fragile material. Up to 20years is the durability of these veneers. As the Porcelain Veneers are stain resistant you will be able to eat, drink and brush normally.
- Better choice to other procedures – Porcelain veneers is a better option than dental brackets and various treatments that require months to provide desirable outcome.
- Easy care – Brush and floss your Porcelain veneers like original teeth. Due the integration into your natural teeth structure, after some days you will forget that your teeth actually have porcelain veneers. To avoid the damage due to clenching your teeth at night in sleep, a special night time bite guard can be used to overcome it.
- Change your smile in the conventional way – In this conservative way of applying Porcelain veneers a small portion of top layer of the tooth is removed.
Porcelain Veneers are the best way to restore your lost smile.